Newsletter – 2 April 2020

If only Canada issued unicorn cheques…

The good news, is that the CERB (Canada Emergency Response Benefit) application process starts next week, rolling out based on your birth month.To prepare in advance, the CRA recommends that you make sure you can log into, or create a CRA MyAccount. You can also use your Service Canada GCkey account, and then look for the link to “Switch to Canada Revenue Agency”.Secondly, make sure that you have registered for direct deposit. Otherwise, you will be waiting for a physical cheque.Read our blog post for detailed instructions.

Be sure to speak to your landlord, mortgage holder or utility company before you run out of options — see if they will adjust payments or make concessions. Remember that we are all in the same boat. Check out our resources page, or reach us on Facebook Messenger or email.

Recent Posts



IATSE Canada is collecting data about lost work in our industry. Please take a minute to add your name to the list. [More information]


AFC Helps supports entertainment industry professionals working in TV and film, music, theatre, and dance with emergency funding [More information]


Unison Fund supports people who worked primarily in the music industry for at least two years, or for 55% of your career. [More information]

Browse our Resource Pages

Sort by type and location to find the grants, benefits and resources that matter to you, no matter where you live in Canada.


Get this newletter directly to your in-box. Sign Up