This is not business as usual.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, live entertainment has been hit hard with the loss of events and the jobs that support a million Canadians and their families. On 22 September 2021, demonstrate your support for the Day of Visibility for the Live Event Community. Here are some things you can do right now to help our community in this difficult time.
Speak with the candidates running in your riding in the Federal election. Help them to understand what we do, but more importantly why we do it. Show them how crippling the pandemic has been for you and your family, and that we all want to get back to work.
Let them know:
- We need industry specific support for those who still want or need to pursue their career.
- We need new training support to help fill the jobs of people who will not return to our industry.
- We need continued support for businesses, so that they can be there when large live events return to our stadiums, convention centres, theatres and festival venues.
On September 22, visibly show your support and shine a light on the impact that COVID-19 has had on the people of the live event industry. Illuminate your venues and homes, to show support for those that are struggling to support their families. Let’s make this an opportunity to talk about the problems and create solutions that will shape the future of live events in Canada.
Join us for a second year, as we #LightUpLive #EclaironsLesScenes on 22 September 2021 for the Day of Visibility for the Live Event Community.
How to make a difference:
- Light up your home or event venue in red, and post it to social media using the following hashtags:
- #LightUpLive #EclaironsLesScenes #WeMakeEvents
- Tag us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn @liveeventcomm
- Find out who the candidates are in your riding, and explain why you can’t make a living in your career right now. The listing is here: https://www.elections.ca/scripts/vis/FindED
- Use the Media & Graphics available at https://lightuplive.ca/info/
- Submit a local news story using our templates here: https://lightuplive.ca/info/