Date: March 23, 24, 2023
Time: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm EST each day
Location: ON-LINE Space is limited.
Mental health first aid is the support provided to a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis.
Most people are familiar with CPR and know what to do when they are faced with a cardiac emergency. However, would you know what to do if you were faced with someone having a mental health emergency? Now more than ever, it can be vital to understand the signs and symptoms of someone in a mental health crisis and know how to help.
The course was developed by the Mental Health Commission of Canada, and is presented by the AFC.
During the course, the participants will learn how to:
▪ Recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis.
▪ Find and reach out to professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being.
▪ Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis.
▪ Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being.
▪ 8 hours of instruction: 2 hours of self-directed study, plus two 3-hour virtual classroom sessions.
▪ Self-study Online Module 1: access link will be sent to course participants by email after their registration has been processed but not later than 2 weeks before the course start date.
▪ Virtual Classroom Modules 2 and 3: delivered via Zoom.
This course is open to all performing arts workers and is being offered at no cost as part of the trainings the IATSE is providing through the CanadaPerforming Arts Workers Resilience Fund. To access this training free of charge, you must register through this link : https://tinyurl.com/IACourses2022
Further registration may be required by the vendor
Employers: Are you interested in accessing training funding through the Canada Performing Arts Workers Resilience Fund? Contact International Representatives Jason Vergnano firstname.lastname@example.org or Cindy Jennings email@example.com to discuss how to apply to receive support for your training initiatives.