This online training course includes video lessons, private training sessions, and an online support community.
It is intended for intermediate level live sound engineers who want to get great results fast when faced with less than optimal circumstances and little to no time to prepare.
Each module will include a step-by-step guided presentation of building a mix from scratch, based on real-life examples. Here is an overview of what the lessons will include:
- Prevention – strategies for avoiding stressful circumstances, how to get the right information fast and avoid painful mistakes.
- Stage Work – checklist of essential actions on stage to avoid problems down the road, microphone selection and placement strategies, using microphone polarity plots and monitor placement.
- Console Prep – techniques for quick console setup including channel processing and FX strategies.
- Line Check – my approach to line check, band communication strategies and “guerrilla mixing” EQ and dynamics.
- Monitor Mixing – quick monitor mixing with visual references, using “More Me” and “Stage Opposite” techniques to preset your mixes.
- FOH mixing – discover my two-handed mixing technique and see me break down my mental process when mixing a live band from scratch with zero prep time.
Was this post helpful?