The CERB Program has ended.
The CRA is continuing to accept and process retroactive applications for period 7 (August 30 to September 26, 2020).
You can apply for period 7 through the CRA’s My Account or automated toll-free phone line at 1-800-959-2019 or 1-800-959-2041.
What is the Canada Emergency Response Benefit
If you have lost income because of COVID-19, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) will provide you with temporary income support.
The CERB will provide you with $500 a week for up to 16 weeks.
We are targeting April 6, 2020 as the date when we can start accepting applications.
How to apply
Service Canada and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) deliver this benefit jointly. You can apply through one or the other, but not both. If you have already applied for Employment Insurance, you do not need to re-apply.
To be eligible to receive the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) from Service Canada, the following must apply:
- You must reside in Canada
- You are 15 years of age or older at the time of application
- You have stopped or will stop working for reasons related to
covid-19, or because you are unable to work due to illness, or because
you lost your employment for other reasons beyond your control; and
- If you are submitting for your first benefit period, that you have stopped or will stop working for at least 14 consecutive days within the 4 week benefit period; or
- If you are filing for a subsequent benefit period, you did not receive any employment or self employment income for the period for which you previously claimed the benefit and do not expect to receive any employment or self employment income in the 4 week benefit period
- You have not quit your job voluntarily
- You are not receiving nor have you applied for the CERB from the Canada Revenue Agency nor are you receiving Employment Insurance benefits for the same benefit period
- You have earned a minimum of $5,000 in income within the last 12
months or in the 2019 calendar year from one or more of the following
- Employment income
- Self-employment income
Important! If you are not normally eligible for Employment Insurance, please register for your CRA My Account and direct deposit in advance of the application launch.
Was this post helpful?
|Job Category||Encouraging News, Financial|